Thursday 19 February 2015

Excuses

Hrm. Friday, Karate. First time there. Really drills through the basics. Did nothing but one kind of punch for maybe an hour. Good class.

Saturday, Krav Maga. Should have been Aikido, too, but I didn't go because of laundry and many other domestic tasks.

Sunday, nothing. Monday, worked late. Tuesday... I can't remember, I think I have nothing on on a Tuesday? I should find something. Wednesday, worked late. Today, finished on time! And my car, which I took in to have new brake discs, is deemed 'unsafe to drive' due to bolloxed suspension, leaving me to stand out in the rain till half six waiting for my housemate's brother. So no training tonight either.

So how much of my lack of training is 'excuse-making'? Tonight, for example, I didn't go because a) I didn't want to ask housemate's brother to drive me to the class since it'd be about an hour's round trip for him and b) the class stared at half six, so I'd have missed the first half an hour of a one-and-a-half-hour lesson and c) my kit was in my car, which was locked in the depot because even if I finished work 'on time' that still translates to 'an hour after everyone else in the world'.

These guys who become, like, world champions: would they have badgered their housemate's brother for a lift and trained for half a lesson in their work clothes?

Well, I guess they'd have done something else, like gone on a midnight run or something.

Well this was a pointless ramble. Bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment