Saturday 17 January 2015

Kravvy!

I should clarify that I'm not, like, 100% lazy slob. I jog twice a week... well, call it 1.5 times a week. And I trained in karate for fifteen years. Which sounds impressive until I clarify it was an hour per week. And I stopped about five years ago.

... maybe 90% lazy.

God, that paragraph was appalling. I should also clarify that I'm not bothering to edit this blog, because it's already taken me half an hour to write this much and if I start giving autonomy to my inner proofreader I'll be here till the fucking Rapture.

What I'm trying to say is that this isn't a completely cold start. I'm not some fat fit-phobic who decided to clean the slate and go in a whole new direction.

This'd be a lot more inspiring if I was.

In any case, I took up Krav Maga about two months ago. Apparently it's what the Israeli military use and it's good brutal fun. Well, I say brutal, but the karate I trained in was sport karate, and grooming kittens is assault and battery next to that.

Turns out I can still coax a surprising amount of smack from my otherwise noodly arms. Also turns out I'm just as good at sparring as I always was, which is to say I got my face planted into the floor within five seconds of the starting call.

Right I've been here for like two hours now, so sod it this is getting published whether it's complete or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment